Just got an announcement from the Cytoscape mailing list. One of my favorite tutorials* that we’ve developed was Cytoscape–It was an interesting challenge for us because most of our focus has been tools with web interfaces and we had to address installation with this one. But it was such a nice tool with great features that I really simply enjoyed working with it.
Anyway, here’s what’s new:
The Cytoscape team is proud to announce the release of Cytoscape 2.7! This release includes some exciting new features:
* Nested Networks: A node may now have a reference to another Network, which allows us to capture the relationships between networks in networks themselves.
* CyCommandHandlers: Addition of a mechanism to the core to provide inter-plugin communication.
* New Edge Types: Several new edge types between solid and dashed have been added.
* Newlines and list editing in attribute browser: The attribute browser has been updated to allow newline characters to be added by pressing the “Enter” key. List editing is now also enabled.
* Automatic label wrap: A new visual property has been added that sets the width of a label. Any label extending beyond this width will be automatically wrapped.
* Arrow color optionally locked to edge color: Arrow color may now be bound to the edge color by checking a box in the Dependencies pane of the Default Appearance Browser in the VizMapper, which avoids the necessity of creating separate-yet-identical mappings for edge, source, and target arrows.
* BioPAX Level 3 support.
You can get the release here: http://cytoscape.org
Please let us know if you have any questions!
The Cytoscape Team