A new open-access journal, Genome Medicine, is looking for submissions. I learned about it in the Genetic Alliance newsletter last week. Their button for it is over to the right, and will take you over to the journal site.
The sections include:
- Systems medicine & informatics Charles Auffray (France)
- Post-genomic advances in medicine Timothy Veenstra (USA)
- Social, ethical & legal issues in genomic medicine Timothy Caulfield (Canada)
- Genomic epidemiology & public health genomics Muin Khoury (USA)
- Personalized medicine & therapeutics Matthias Schwab (Germany)
- Molecular genetics, genomics & epigenetics of disease James R Lupksi (USA)
From the About page, I found this interesting bit:
Articles in Genome Medicine should be cited in the same way as articles in a traditional journal. However, because articles in this journal are not printed, they do not have page numbers. Instead, they have a unique article number….As an online journal, Genome Medicine does not have issue numbers. Each volume corresponds to a calendar year.
Oy. Will that screw up the databases? I guess we’ll see.
I’m interested to see genomics translate into medicine. I’ll be keeping an eye out for this.