This week’s SNPpets include tidbits about the Exome Aggregation Consortium (ExAC), new RepeatMasker track at UCSC Genome Browser, sequencing undiagnosed patients, the African Genome Variation Project, Icelandic knockouts, and more….
Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- RT @dgmacarthur: . @jcbarret’s group explains why they love ExAC: http://t.co/Z5n47rb3OL Aw. We love you too, guys!
- RT @GenomeBrowser: Just released: New RepeatMasker Visualization track for hg38 and mm10. More info: http://t.co/QP6fZmbtbq. Special thanks to @ISBUSA!
- RT @MicrobiomDigest: DomSign: a top-down annotation pipeline to enlarge enzyme space in the protein universe @BioMedCentral #metagenomics http://t.co/mmffvlNBUZ
- RT @BioGPS: RT @DrKhouryCDC: Benefits of Genome Sequencing for #Undiagnosed Diseases @scrippsresearch http://t.co/X8Mh0sq0q0 http://t.co/EKTxSTfd3F
- RT @marc_rr: Student post: The African Genome Variation Project shapes medical genetics in Africa.: Despite being the wor… http://t.co/Eo6pOMAFoC
- RT @bio4j: Bio4j preprint available at @biorxivpreprint http://t.co/WTvK3Mcm3J #bioinformatics #bigdata #graphdb #titandb #nosql #cloudcomputing #ngs
- RT @ethanwhite: Excellent post by @ctitusbrown on the scientific benefits of (lots of) (publicly available) data http://t.co/olQP5Qh01Q
- Amen. RT @neilfws: Yes! MT @tharris: It’s time to reboot bioinformatics education http://t.co/zSS3M6ixjv #bioinformatics #training #graduateschool”
- RT @PaulFlicek: The Ensembl Regulatory Build paper led by @dzerbino is out today in @GenomeBiology http://t.co/sMJ8odQPnT
- RT @solgenomics: Check out this neat cheat sheet of #Unix commands Noe put together http://t.co/Nnw36P0u7A #bioinformatics [PDF]
- RT @zillman: Bioconductor: harmonizing distributed genomic analysis | iSGTW http://t.co/Rtcyx4qXJE
- RT @MARVASG: Iceland’s Giant Genome Project Points to Future of Medicine http://t.co/7p7OGXJehE vía @IEEESpectrum
- RT @torstenseemann: NCBI MOLE-BLAST: collate top hits to query, multiple sequence align them, build phylogenetic tree! #bioinformatics http://t.co/CR112L5svs
— Andrew Kniss (@WyoWeeds) March 20, 2015