This week’s SNPpets include new nomenclature guidelines from the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) on what to call a variant in medical situations; a HapMap for wheat; and a spanking for vendor sites that over-promise in personal cancer testing. Oh–and an undergrad genome class that teaches sequencing.
Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- RT @genome_gov: New study: Websites that market personalized cancer care services often overemphasize their purported benefits. http://t.co/heTENgV5yy
- RT @iddux: Our paper on gene block #evolution in #bacteria is now published in #Bioinformatics @OxfordJournals http://t.co/YV59LhlP6o
- RT @BioGPS: RT @meissner_t: “Validating multiple #cancer #variantcallers and prioritization in #tumor-only samples” http://t.co/8lEzdVc1ZN #snp #cnv
- RT @genetics_blog: Now that’s slick. Create, edit, display an article entirely in GitHub https://github.com/PeerJ/paper-now example: https://peerj.github.io/paper-now/ via @thepeerj
- RT @SahaSurya: .@tuuliel lab: Tools and best practices for allelic expression analysis @bioRxiv http://t.co/0jSU9yXu71 #RNAseq http://t.co/S0EqCggJuF
- RT @GenomeNathan: Does that genetic variant hurt or help? @TheACMG advises how to guess: http://t.co/QYwb5XtSvn Thoughtful new guidelines for all to mull.
- RT @wheatgenome: Wheat HapMap project led by @eakhunov published in @GenomeBiology w/ http://www.wheatgenome.org/News/Latest-news/HapMap via @wheatgenome
- RT @GarvanInstitute: New #GeneSequencing technology allows analysis of #genome at great depth http://t.co/qzedYphTxE – with immediate diagnostic applications
- Heh. Check out the offer he got for the name. | RT @bioinformatics: @chrisamiller I remember on #friendfeed when @mndoci mentions a new site called twitter. I thought “I should get the handle @bioinformatics”
- RT @KevinADavies: We miss SOLiD..! RT @lpachter: The cost of genome sequencing has been increasing over the past two years http://t.co/tAbMZ6G8CR
- RT @misterbisson: When I tell you @joyent will revolutionize @docker in production, this is why: https://t.co/FbmVoLp0c4
— Marc RobinsonRechavi (@marc_rr) March 11, 2015