Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- RT @dgmacarthur: Great story by @edyong209 on a woman who correctly guessed the genetic cause of her rare disease: http://t.co/HvbbGGCDwK
- RT @genetics_blog: On free / open-source software in #bioinformatics http://t.co/npx2TyB40y mostly agree, but v. one-sided and ignores some real issues
- Ha! RT @arthegall: There is nothing more tedious, than a bunch of programmers arguing about which genomic coordinate system is more “natural.”
- RT @BioGPS: There’s a @bioGPS plugin for this too MT @Fabiteam1: UCSC Genome Browser: What Every Molecular Biologist Should Know http://t.co/Ob4EWmeuTf
- RT @matthewherper: Flatley’s Law: How One Company Is Creating Medicine’s Genetic Revolution #forbesmagazine http://t.co/KU6vg7tdEd $ILMN
- RT @LeucineRichBio: Discovery of common sequences absent in the human reference genome using pooled samples from NGS. http://t.co/9r60v3Gxc9
- RT @dmaccannell: The new AMD website is now live! Find out how CDC is applying genomics and bioinformatics to improve public health: http://t.co/U8s9fCj7Gl
- RT @rtraborn: ICYMI: check out the feed from #EMBLtranscript- terrific info is being shared about promoter architecture & transcriptional regulation.
- RT @NSFInnovateSBIR: Attn: Agtech, synthetic biology, bioinformatics #startups / #smallbiz. Non-dilutive seed funding avail via @NSF #SBIR http://t.co/wwggbr6qlG
- RT @dvergano: NIH policy page on new Genomic Data Sharing (GDS) policy: gds.nih.govPrivacy/FOIA protections in policy.
- RT @mbeisen: “The common Repository of Adventitious Proteins, cRAP (pronounced cee-RAP)” — hmm, why did you have to tell us that? http://t.co/kLhpZ2QNvy
- RT @galaxyproject: September 2014 Newsletter: Lots of new releases, Galaxy-UK, upcoming events, plus new jobs, papers, tools http://t.co/4bJsq7YshE #usegalaxy
— Stephen Turner (@genetics_blog) August 21, 2014