Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- RT @joe_pickrell: Great post by @Graham_Coop and @JeremyJBerg on interpreting tests for selection on polygenic traits http://t.co/SsxrBL0uAU
- RT @mem_somerville: “Global Microbe Genome Database Represents ‘Some Exciting Science’ ” food safety emphasis http://t.co/sVf4pnlpDu
- RT @koadman: Genome-wide association study in bacteria. http://t.co/norCfHndye
This is groundbreaking. Shows how difficult GWAS is in bacteria.
- RT @cathcoste: .@JCVenter: “Until now, there’s been no software 4 comparing my genome to Ur genome. We want to compare Ur genome to all the others in 1 mn”
- RT @DannyGroner: “The same genome-mapping algorithm is used to measure the effect on consumers when changes are made to online ads.” http://t.co/MvQ40DvqF8
- RT @heathermvincent: Very useful list of videos for teaching genetics via @ongenetics @jung_gt has made a useful list of videos. Thanks! http://t.co/K3cMWJSm6u
- RT @andrewsu: Our paper on #mturk for #biocuration now on arXiv http://t.co/dX3MYijwPC (w/ @bgood @x0xMaximus submitted to @PacSymBiocomp)
- Via email: The ISB is pleased to announce that abstracts are now being accepted for Biocuration 2015 conference in Beijing, China http://biocuration2015.tilsi.org/paper-abstract-submission
- RT @fopsom: SoyKB and iPlant streamline complex bioinformatics analysis | iSGTW http://t.co/NCyOmMdnJx
- RT @tracykteal: Intro QIIME tutorial from @ashley17061 https://t.co/uMnGWhIucF #edamame2014
- RT @danmaclean: Do you #usegalaxy in the UK? Try the new #GCUK Galaxy Community site at http://galaxy-community.org.uk , good stuff for all users of Galaxy.
- RT @Crosbydirt: Fruit genome database seeks to enhance crop quality by helping make fruit trees more disease & pest resistant http://t.co/H0HxJrC8wF
— Integrated DNA Tech (@idtdna) August 7, 2014