Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- RT @monimunozto: Open-Phylo: #crowdsourcing Multiple Sequence Alignment. http://t.co/ntbBxXh8aN #bioinformatics & #genomics #gamification
- RT @chicaScientific: How do you know which taxonomic level to analyze for your microbial ecology study? Use this tool: http://t.co/JQikRfO0bZ
- RT @HammadRajjoub: Computer scientist puts together a 13 million member family tree from public genealogy records http://t.co/CD2xYZlpul
- RT @caseybergman: .@reddit’s /r/bioinformatics new weekly journal club takes pre-publication commenting to a whole new level: http://t.co/M2OlLTORdo
- RT @Iamdavemac: There’s some maniac over @GenomeTweet tweeting the entire E coli k12 bp sequence. Go man, go.
- RT @BioInfo: AutoAssemblyD: a graphical user interface system for several genome assemblers. http://t.co/qud5hnb1Tk
- RT @uniprot: Do you access UniProt programmatically? Help us improve by filling in a short survey at http://t.co/9ZVA1zOgCD!
- RT @mikethemadbiol: 16 PHDS WHO DO BIOINFORMATICS FOR A LIVING CAN NOT FIND YOUR FILES. IT MUST BE BECAUSE WE ARE STUPID AND SUCK AT COMPUTERS
- RT @genetics_blog: GTEx responds to @lpachter’s “GTEx is throwing away 90% of their data” blog post http://t.co/OfVZk5NALJ of interest to #gi2013 RNA-seq sessn
- RT @ENCODE_NIH: The first Mouse GENCODE release, M1 (corresponding to Ensembl 65) is out!: http://t.co/5mOU72uElD
- RT @lfadi: Carlos Slim Gives $74 Million To Make Genomic Research Less Ethnically-Biased http://t.co/aCQcvoNMS0 via @forbes
- RT @mattVDiLeo: Accidental aRt: when data visualization goes beautifully wrong: http://t.co/J9HNsWZfVM #rstats
And this week’s image tweet–”spitting is unacceptable”. (sorry about the orientation)
Another appication for forensic DNA. My student Clara Luu spotted this on a bus in Australia. Beware expectorators! pic.twitter.com/8I0rJfO3tt
— Hank Greely (@HankGreelyLSJU) October 27, 2013