Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- 120 million patient records? Wow. RT @kristiholmes: Genetic map developed linking complex diseases: http://t.co/Vh3FRB88eW
- RT @mgollery: Genohub- It’s like Kayak for Genomics. Good idea, but would this work for Bioinformatics? http://t.co/XMB2uu2b5d
- RT @iddux: This is seven shades of cool. @UCSF offers credit for editing @Wikipedia pages http://t.co/efcv8VZg11
- Their crowdfunding went great, btw. RT @prionalliance: An incredible telling of our story by @dtmax @NewYorker http://t.co/WA0fMIlWiF
- Via Yupeng Li on G+: Announcing Statistics with Interactive R Learning Software Environment
- RT @iddux: Scientists who consider tool building to be ‘lesser’ science have a poor grasp on what science is about.
- RT @BioMedCentral: A tale of ale. Different yeast strains affect #beer proteome in different ways – http://t.co/23wjjg9imT
- RT @cjrw: Icelandic phone app stops you dating close relatives (BBC) http://t.co/vBoHLNkPc7 #Bioethics #deCODE #genomics #DNA
- RT @IngoHelbig: Just published our post on the recent #AJHG paper on actionable findings in exome data http://t.co/DLeYBf6PNS http://t.co/QBaLAayPEx
- RT @icgc_dcc: New ICGC portal released http://dcc.icgc.org | Old 1 available https://legacy-portal.dcc.icgc.org/ | more information @ home: http://icgc.org
- RT @splon: @NEJM: Whole-exome sequencing identified the underlying genetic defect in 25% of consecutive patients. http://t.co/hDgSa2T9Xd Very proud!
- RT @genetics_blog: Software from @PNNLab for predicting & visualizing orthology/paralogy relationships among genomes http://t.co/JTTFC6ffAl web app + source
- RT @GenePattern: Plan ahead! GP, GPARC & all @broadinstitute tools will be offline for the IT move Oct 17-20. More info on our blog http://t.co/TtxVsoSRT4
I want a Google nap pod. Actually, I WANT A GOOGLE NAP POD NOW. pic.twitter.com/nPGCeC3aaH
— Dan Graur (@DanGraur) September 30, 2013