Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- Ha! RT @enniscath: How many times am I going to have to explain that you don’t need biohazard safety certificates for bioinformatics projects?
- RT @gabecasis: More than you ever wanted to know about how one becomes a computational biologist. The long version (http://t.co/pKtOeeJUcH) …
- RT @genetics_blog: Tool from @atulbutte lab to ID #ENCODE txn factors regulating a list of genes. Paper: http://t.co/0v1uOnNNzD app: http://t.co/I4wtLz7cXv
- RT @davetang31: A bit late but here’s the guide to reproducing the cover image of Nature’s special issue on #ENCODE http://t.co/XaSrGhAvgs
- RT @The_Soup_Dragon: Yet another @guardian hi-tech genome story illustrated with a picture of 20 year old DNA sequencing technology: http://t.co/7lBCXMa809
- RT @markgenome: The #genome “global alliance” explainer, next steps from David Altshuler, Q&A http://t.co/4u26YzWdDF via @notSoJunkDNA
- RT @genetics_blog: VirusFinder: Software for Detecting Viruses and Their Integration Sites in Host Genomes w/ #NGS http://t.co/1mN1IS5ocl #bioinformatics
- RT @bffo: New RefSeq protein product & data models from @NCBI & @kdpru http://t.co/VdHwnmEEeG #bioinformatics Updates here: http://t.co/43GDtm6PCt
- RT @ensembl: Bronwen from #Ensembl blogs about the recently published turtle genome: http://t.co/fEoXBhhxdp via @PaulFlicek
- Heh. Read Graur’s response at the tweet link. RT @dgmacarthur: If you enjoy slightly unhinged genomics rage in your Twitter feed, @DanGraur and @PosterDavid provide a steady supply.
I like that one of the options in the menu for MEGA is "Forceful quit" pic.twitter.com/jdsvtACMS9
— David Baltrus (@surt_lab) June 8, 2013