- Friday SNPpets This week’s SNPpets includes updates to existing tools, like Reactome and IMG, the biggest JBrowse display I ever saw, various tidbits from #ASHG15 as word clouds, gene editing, slices through personalized medicine ...
- Video Tip of the Week: World Tour of Genomics Resources, part II This week’s tip is not our usual short video. We’ll connect you to our newest tutorial suite, our World Tour of Genomics Resources, part II. Our previous tour was really popular–because as much as bench researchers know about the tools they currently use–everyone realizes there are more tools out there. And many of them don’t ...
Genomics Resource News
- UCSC Genome Browser, default human genome changed This has gone out over the announcement mailing list, and is also on their web site. But in case you aren’t checking those, seemed important to get people to see.
14 September 2015 — Human Genome Browser default changed to GRCh38/hg38
In conjunction with the release of the new 100-species Conservation track on the hg38/GRCh38 human assembly, ...
What’s The Answer
- What’s the Answer? (publication quality alignment images) This week’s highlighted question is from the Bioinformatics subreddit. And I’m using it because it made me laugh. I dare someone to name their alignment tool “Fancy Pants”. That said, it did provide links to a number of different tools that people might find useful, depending on the kind of thing you might want to ...
- Friday SNPpets This week’s SNPpets includes updates to existing tools, like Reactome and IMG, the biggest JBrowse display I ever saw, various tidbits from #ASHG15 as word clouds, gene editing, slices through personalized medicine and rare diseases, and a Virtual Machine catalog. Most unusual thing this week: recent evolutionary genomics work gets onto The Big Bang Theory. And more….
Welcome to ...
Webinars and Workshops
- Webinar, Oct 7: World Tour of Genomics Resources II Just a quick note to announce our upcoming webinar. We are going to do the popular World Tour again, so if you missed it last time, join us for the next one. It’s free, but you need to register.
World Tour of Genomics Resources 2
October 7, 2015 | 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EDT
This is ...