- Friday SNPpets This week was includes quite a range of species–from maize to mammoths to microbiome samples around the world. Also time travel–genome assembly in ancient samples. There’s also helpful stuff on ...
- Video Tip of the Week: World Tour of Genomics Resources, part II This week’s tip is not our usual short video. We’ll connect you to our newest tutorial suite, our World Tour of Genomics Resources, part II. Our previous tour was really popular–because as much as bench researchers know about the tools they currently use–everyone realizes there are more tools out there. And many of them don’t ...
Genomics Resource News
- UCSC Genome Browser, default human genome changed This has gone out over the announcement mailing list, and is also on their web site. But in case you aren’t checking those, seemed important to get people to see.
14 September 2015 — Human Genome Browser default changed to GRCh38/hg38
In conjunction with the release of the new 100-species Conservation track on the hg38/GRCh38 human assembly, ...
What’s The Answer
- What’s The Answer? (where + how to get help online) We started the the weekly “What’s the Answer?” thread to highlight various sources of interesting discussions related to bioinformatics around the internet. It was years ago–before communities like Biostar and others were well-trafficked and well-known. It’s been great to see these sources mature and draw diverse discussants from all over the world. What’s particularly helpful ...
- Friday SNPpets This week was includes quite a range of species–from maize to mammoths to microbiome samples around the world. Also time travel–genome assembly in ancient samples. There’s also helpful stuff on the role of genetic counselors, and a guide on when researchers should enjoy chocolate (which may be relevant to some of you this Easter weekend).
Webinars and Workshops
- Webinar, Oct 7: World Tour of Genomics Resources II Just a quick note to announce our upcoming webinar. We are going to do the popular World Tour again, so if you missed it last time, join us for the next one. It’s free, but you need to register.
World Tour of Genomics Resources 2
October 7, 2015 | 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EDT
This is ...